Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MATOES

I got this idea from a friend of mine. She planted a bigger vegetable garden in her backyard. But with the dogs back there and the numerous bunnies i see around here, i didn't think it would be a good idea.
We were at Home Depot this weekend getting flowers for the front yard (my favorite thing to do!!) and i noticed that the veggies were buy one get one free. Well Joshie LOVES tomatoes!!! The little cherry tomatoes..no clue were he gets it from because neither Josh or I like tomatoes. Anyway i thought it would be fun for him to watch them grow and see where they come from. I would love to do a whole garden someday...maybe when the dogs are gone!!! :)
It was to bright for him...hence the face!

And of course i had to throw my stolen Bluebonnets in here. This is the state flower of Texas. So you are not allowed to pick them let alone up root them and plant them in your front yard!! Well i uprooted 3 of them and only one of them right now is growing....but i have hope for the other ones!! They are so pretty when you see a whole patch of them!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally turning you in you little thief...lol! Great idea with the veggie garden! Jack loves planting seeds too!

A.M. said...

We tried to have a garden here but our dirt was too sandy and the animals kept eating everything. Good luck with yours! Looks like fun and if Joshie likes tomatoes more power to him. Pete is a carb man, if it is meat or veggie he wants nothing to do with it. Starting to worry me. Post pics when things start really growing!

Brandon and Erin said...

Good luck with your tomatoes!!! So fun...I bet they love to help with the watering:)