Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CANE

This is our boxer Cane. We had to put Cane down on Wednesday. He was only 7 years old and the life span for a boxer is about 8 or 9 years. The last few days he was around he was going down hill so fast. I felt so bad for him because we had no idea what was going on with him at the time. Thankfully we have a friend who works at a vet and helped us out with him. We ended up taking in him an the vet examined him to find out that he had a massive tumor in his abdomen. It was taking up his whole abdomen and squishing all his other organs. It was awful!!!! Josh and I feel so horrible for letting get that bad. The vet told us that it could have happened in just a matter of months and there is nothing we could have done about it.
We will miss this dog even though he thought he was a little lap dog. He was so good with the kids and the kids loved him! Gin (our other dog) is so lonely now.
We will miss you Cane
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Whitney Easton said...

I'm so sorry!! That's the worst part about having animals! Court's going through this with Callie and will probably be putting her down soon.. she's having a really hard time... you guys can relate :) miss you. have fun in CO!

A.M. said...

So sorry about Cane. Boxers are good with kids aren't they? Hang in there and enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOO Sorry girl!!! You are in my prayers. I am right there with you. We are making these decisions for Callie right now. It is so sad and hard to do!

I love you sis!!

Love,
Court

Brandon and Erin said...

So sad...how are the kids handling it...do they understand? Love you!