Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another update on Reese

Reese had her neurology appointment a few weeks ago.  It was probably the most uneventful dr appointment i have ever been to.  I was very disappointed!  I guess going in i kind of knew that she was gonna stay on the meds because she had a few seizures in the last couple weeks, so i knew that wasn't going to change.  I wasn't prepared for her to tell me that she has to be on meds for a minimum of 2 years!  That was pretty much the only new information i got.  I guess i just want more answers and there really isn't any. We just talked about the seizures and they are pretty confident that she will grow out of them.  We will need to up her meds as she grows over the next 2 years.  Her dosage is based on her weight and right now they have her on a low dosage just to start out.

We have taken away the Leapster.  She has only asked for it once and we just tell her that we don't know where it is.  We let her play with the iphone, but very rarely.  That doesn't seem to bother her at all when she plays it.  Now we have taken away the tv's in the car.  That seems to be causing her seizures now.  She has had a couple of them in the last few weeks and they are always in the car with the tv on.  I have tried to look up if it has any effect but i cant find anything!  The only thing that i find that has both seizures and portable dvd players is articles about people bringing them with them when they are having an EEG.




Well i think thats pretty much where we are at now!  I will probably call today and tell them about the portable dvd players and they will probably call back with a new dosage for her.  The one and only side effect of this medication is behavioral problems, acting out in aggression.  She did that before so im not sure if its the meds or her!  :)  It can get worse the higher the dosage gets.  Plus she's starting Pre-K in September,  so this should get even more interesting!  :) 

2 comments:

Brandon and Erin said...

She is just too dang cute and she is a strong girl with a strong, wonderful mommy. I am sure she will be ok...we will keep her in our prayers. Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Love you Reesie girl... Stay strong James. We love you guys sooo much!!! Love, Court